Born in Milano, April 6, 1957
mobil phone: +39 348 2626163
Graduted at the State Conservatory School of Music «Giuseppe Verdi» of Milano, with a major in piano in 1978, he attended courses in piano with Carla Giudici and Piero Rattalino, in composition with Irlando Danieli and Azio Corghi, and in conducting with Mario Gusella and Gianluigi Gelmetti. He attended courses in orchestra conducting in England with Terence Lovett and George Hurst.
In 1978, he was admitted to an advanced conducting course held in Holland, at NOS, by Kirill Kondrashin. The course was limited to 8 participants, selected by practical and teorical examination.
For a few years after graduation, assistant to his Italian teacher, Gianluigi Gelmetti, for several symphonic and opera productions in Italy and abroad, he started, as well, his independent professional career in 1979. His repertoire ranges from Baroque to the Contemporary.
ACTIVITY AS PRINCIPAL CONDUCTOR:
Since 1995: «dèdalo ensemble» (Artistic Director as well)
2003-2005 I Solisti Aquilani (Artistic Director as well)
1984-88: Orchestra «Angelicum» in Milano
1981-84: Ensemble «Nuova Consonanza di Milano»
ACTIVITY AS ASSOCIATE CONDUCTOR:
2000-2003: Orchestra Filarmonica del Conservatorio di Milano
In parallel with his professional conducting activity, he has been engaged in academic activity in the State System of Conservatory Schools of Music:
since 1997: Chair of Orchestra Conducting at the Conservatory School of Milano.
1979-1996: Professor of Orchestral practice at the Conservatory schools of Brescia and Milano (tenured since 1984)
ACTIVITY IN OTHER SPECIALTY COURSES:
In 2003, Symphony Australia Conducting Masterclass with Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
In 1995, Course of Conducting, addressed jointly to Albanian and Italian students, in Tirane, Albania, organized by the SOROS Foundation.
In 1987, Course of Professional Training in Orchestral Practice for the Summer School «Estate Musicale Frentana», Lanciano, Italy.
Committee Member, in Italy and abroad, for:
Competitions for Conductors and Pianists,
admissions to positions in Lyrical and Symphonic Orchestras,
selection of opera singers
OPERA HOUSE ORCHESTRAS, SYMPHONIC AND CHAMBER ORCHESTRAS, AND ENSEMBLES CONDUCTED IN ITALY (operas and concerts):
- Teatro dell’Opera, (the Opera Theater), Rome
- Teatro «La Fenice», Venice
- Teatro «San Carlo», Naples
- Teatro «Carlo Felice», Genova
- Teatro of Treviso
- Teatro «Bellini», Catania
- Teatro Lirico di Cagliari
- Teatro "Rendano" , Cosenza
- «Piccola Scala» , Milano,
- RAI (Italian Broadcasting Corporation) Orchestras of Turin, Rome, Milano and Naples
- Orchestra of the «Teatro Angelicum»
- «Pomeriggi Musicali», Milano
- «Orchestra Philarmonia», Treviso
- Symphonic Orchestra of the Province of Bari
- Orchestra «Haydn», Bolzano
- Symphonic Orchestra "Arturo Toscanini" of Parma
- Sicilian Symphonic Orchestra, Palermo (EAOSS)
- Symphonic Orchestra, Sanremo
- Regional Orchestra of Tuscany, Florence (ORT)
- Regional Orchestra of Lazio, Rome (ORL)
- Symphonic Orchestra "Gavazzeni"
- Abruzzo Symphonic Orchestra, L’Aquila
- “ I Solisti Aquilani” L’Aquila
- Orchestra Philarmonia Mediterranea of Cosenza
- Chamber Orchestra of Padua and Veneto
- Chamber Orchestra of «Santa Cecilia», Rome
- Chamber Orchestra of Mantua
- Chamber Orchestra of Brescia
- «Solisti Dauni»
- Ensemble «Musica d’Oggi», Rome
- International Orchestra «Magna Grecia», Taranto
- Orchestra «Milano Classica», Milano
- Italian Chamber Orchestra, Turin
- Philarmonic Orchestra of the Conservatory, Milano
- Dèdalo ensemble, Brescia
- Gavazzeni Orchestra Darfo-Boario
FOREIGN ORCHESTRAS AND ENSEMBLES
(concerts and operas conducted in Italy and in Australia, New Zealand, Holland, Germany, France, Switzerland, Turkey, Romania and Albania):
- Sydney Symphony Orchestra Australia
- Auckland Philharmonia New Zealand
- Jenaer Philharmonie Germany
- Symphonic Orchestra of the Radio of Italian Switzerland (RTSI)
- Orchestra of the Theater of Kosice (Slovak Republik)
- Symphonic Orchestra «Overture», Bulgaria
- Philharmonic Orchestra “Mihail Jora” Bacau, Romania
- Symphonic Orchestra of the Albanian Radio, Tirane (conducted in Albania and in 2 tours in Italy, in 1994 and 1997)
- European Touring Orchestra.
RADIO BROADCASTINGS: for the Broadcasting Corporations of all the Countries above, and for Italy (RAI).
FESTIVALS AND OTHER SEASONS:
- Accademia Filarmonica Romana (Roman Philarmonic Academy)
- Festival Strasbourg France
- Schreyhaner Herbst, Germany
- Ankara Festival Turkey
- Musica nel Nostro Tempo, Milano (Music in our time)
- Cantiere Internazionale d’Arte di Montepulciano, Italy
- Unione Musicale di Torino
- Milano Musica
- Amici della Musica, Perugia
- Sagra Musicale Umbra
- Musica 83, Rome
- Festival di Nuova Consonanza, Rome
- Istituzione Universitaria dei Concerti, Rome
- Festival Pontino, Sermoneta, Italy
- Sulle ali del Novecento, Brescia
- Festival Luigi Nono Trieste
RECORDINGS (CD RECORDS):
«L’Ape Musicale», opera- pastiche by Lorenzo da Ponte with music from Rossini, Zingarelli, Salieri, Cimarosa and from Mozart. FIRST RECORDING. Orchestra «La Fenice» of Venice. La Nuova Era.
Concerts for harp and orchestra by Krumpholtz, Wagenseil and Dussek. Chamber Orchestra of Mantua. NAXOS.
«Pasqua fiorentina», opera by Isidoro Capitanio, FIRST RECORDING. Bongiovanni editions.
“Il Mito di Caino” opera by Margola and “Barrabas” opera by Togni. First recording, Bongiovanni Editions.
Flute concertos by Saverio Mercadante. I Solisti Aquilani. Dynamic
Music by F.Margola. Bongiovanni Editions
"Rotte Sonore" music by Vacchi, Cresta, Cesa, Gentilucci. Stradivarius Editions.
CONCERTS WITH SOLOISTS:
P. Badura-Skoda, J. Demus, R.Goode, F.J. Thiollier, L. Zilberstein, M.
Campanella, A. Hewitt, A. Padova, M.Baglini, M. Brunello, R. Filippini, Ch. Altenburger, Ch. Edinger, M.
Quarta, F.Manara, V.Bolognese A. Diaz, C. Fracci, many famous opera singers, Amii Stewart, Milva, C.Muti.
COLLABORATIONS WITH DIRECTORS AND COREOGRAPHERS,
L. Ronconi, M. van Hoecke, R. North, S. Reali (Academy awardee), M.Avogadro, G. Barberio, Corsetti, R. De Simone, J.Rochlitz, N.Zorzi.
FIRST PERFORMANCES FOR THE FOLLOWING AUTHORS:
G. Petrassi, F. Pennisi, A. Corghi, M.Lindberg S. Rendine, A. Gentilucci, P. Renosto, N.
Castiglioni, M. Tutino, G. Facchinetti, S. Calligaris, L. Lombardi, C. Caliendo and many others
and COLLABORATIONS with:
Luciano Berio, John Cage
FIRST PERFORMANCES ON STAGE:
"Sogno di un tramonto d'autunno " (1914) by Gianfrancesco Malipiero
"Pasqua Fiorentina " (1934) by Isidoro Capitanio
"Barrabas" by Camillo Togni
“Pia” by Azio Corghi
FIRST PERFORMANCE IN MODERN ERA:
"L'Ape Musicale" by Lorenzo Da Ponte
FIRST LIVE OPERA PERFORMANCE
"Don Perlimplin" by Bruno Maderna
FIRST PERFORMANCE SINCE 1934
“Marie Galante” (1934) by Kurt Weill
Symphonic concert at presence of His Holiness the Pope John Paul II
Symphonic concert in memory of the roman jewish deported in world war II (Rome 1984)
80's Birthday concert in honour of Goffredo Petrassi in the composer's birth place (selected by the composer himself)
Symphonyc concerts dedicated to the memory of all jewish deported and killed in world war II (Genova 2002 and 2010)
Artists Management for Italy:
Ornella Cogliolo Via Valadier 11 00193 ROMA
Tel 063207627 Fax 063207628
For U.S.A, Canada, Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
Arlyne Engdahl 315 East 69th Street New York, NY 10021
Tel & Fax (212) 7442230
For Eastern Europe and Asia
Tel (90) 212 2625962/ 2514161 (90) 532 2960830
Fax (90) 212 2628786